Top Button

Married women permit


A Married Women permit is issued to an applicant who is married to a Basotho male and would like to reside with him within the Kingdom of Lesotho.

Documents required

Note: All copies needs to be certified.

Note: No police clearance is required for applicants under the age of 16 years.

Documents Required
Duly completed online form
2x Passport Size Photo’s
Medical Certificate (To be filled by a Government Medical Practitioner within Lesotho)
Police Clearance from Lesotho
Police Clearance from country of origin for 1st time applicants
Letter From Applicant (Requesting Permission from Director of Immigration to reside in Lesotho)
Letter From Sponsor (Husband)
Marriage Certificate
Copy of passport
Copy of previous permit (For Renewal applications)
Copy of Sponsors Passport/National ID (Husband)
Copy of Sponsors Permit (If Applicable)
Proof of Payment

Processing time

Please note that VFS Global has no influence in the processing time of an application, the processing time of an application is managed by the Ministry Of Home Affairs.

For more information on the processing of your application please make use of the Track your Application tool.